There are generally two cooling methods of air compressors: water-cooled and air-cooled. It is difficult to say which of these two methods is better or worse. It can only be said that it depends on the environment in which it is used. The following is a comparison of the two cooling methods for everyone to make their own judgment and choice.
The water-cooled cooling method is to use the fluidity and temperature difference of cooling water to keep the temperature of the air compressor equipment within a certain range. Its advantages and disadvantages are as follows:
- Because the cooling water has a certain cleaning effect, it can clean the interior of the equipment when it flows inside the air compressor. It helps to extend the maintenance and cleaning cycle of equipment and improve the quality of compressed gas;
- The water cooler has good adaptability to climate change. Increasing or reducing the water pressure can adapt to the strong change of temperature;
- In dusty environments, such as textiles, spraying, carbon black, titanium dioxide and other industries, water coolers are more reliable;
- The cooler of the water cooler is easy to clean on the oil side, but the air cooler cannot do it.
- Due to the limitation of water resources, the scope of application is relatively narrow;
- The cooling water may contain calcium and magnesium plasma, which are easy to react chemically due to high temperature in the cooler, and then form scale in the cooler, thus affecting the cooling efficiency of the cooler.
The air-cooled cooling method is to use the fluidity of the air to take away heat, so that the air compressor is always kept in the appropriate temperature range. Its advantages and disadvantages are as follows:
The great advantage of the air-cooled cooling method is that it is not affected by environmental factors and can be used in any area.
- If the surrounding air quality is not good, it is easy to pollute the whole air compressor and compressed air. Therefore, in order to avoid this situation, it is recommended to install filter equipment;
- If used in a closed space, it is recommended to install inlet and exhaust equipment;
- The cooling effect and quality are not as good as water-cooled.
If it is not in a particularly water-scarce environment, it is recommended to prefer water-cooled type. Because the air-cooled structure is simple and the investment is low, but due to conditional constraints, the heat dissipation effect is relatively poor. Although the water-cooled type has a complex structure and high technical requirements, the heat dissipation effect is more significant.